Medicine focuses on individual health. Public health focuses on populations. Patient advocacy is a critical part of bridging the two disciplines across the health system. My work over the years has been focused at the intersection of technology and public health interventions to benefit patients individually and collectively.
My experiences of the topics below have focused me on the value of patient-centered interventions in terms of approach to both technology development and measuring patient outcomes.
- Molecular epidemiology
- HIV and HBV/HCV screening for the U.S. blood supply
- Infectious disease diagnostics
- Global health and international development in Sub-Saharan Africa
- American Lung Association Healthy Air Campaign
- US domestic and global AIDS policy
- Genomic and health data management infrastructure
- Precision medicine
- COVID-19 pandemic